04 March 2010

Arduino Board - Connected to my home computer

Got the thing going!!

I'd noticed only one COM port so i went to the 'Add New Hardware' part of the Control Panel: added another COM port (COM3 in addition to the existing COM1), then a USB port - AFAICS it's all about drivers - i knew i was on the right track when the Wizard asked me to choose a device type & i picked a USB Serial Converter coz i'd seen that on the installation process in D312 one evening, & when it subsequently asked for a USB thingy i went right ahead with that also.

Now she's as right as rain, mate :-) :-) :-)

I am so bloody pleased coz i was starting to get rather ticked off!

I think that'll do me for the time being.. (it IS 4am after all, but i was determine to crack this SoB before zz-ing off)

Cheery-Bye4Now :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna hafta get this line-break s**t sorted b4 it drives me nuts!

    But not rite now!

    ReplyDelete